Re: BadgeApp website internationalization

Mark Rader

David

You may also want to ask OWASP/ZAP what they use since they extensively internationalize.

Mark

On Fri, May 5, 2017 at 1:04 PM, Wheeler, David A <dwheeler@...> wrote:
Dan Kohn:
> It may be worth considering this service, which is free for open source projects, if we invest further in i18n.
> https://translation.io/

Great idea.  I've requested an account.

We've often considered internationalization before, but Nicko recently asked us to actually add internationalization.

Machine translation isn't great, but it has gotten better over the years.  If we're going to support some locale X, I think it'd be useful to create machine translation as a first pass, include it in the distribution, and then have a human fix them over time.  That gives us an incremental approach, and where it makes sense I prefer incremental approaches over a "big bang" approach ("big bang" approaches have the risk of never finishing).

Join CII-badges@lists.coreinfrastructure.org to automatically receive all group messages.