Topics

CII Best Practices co-developers - need to update Ruby & gems

David A. Wheeler

FYI:

If you are creating proposed changes to the CII Best Practices Badge code, I’ve recently updated the Ruby implementation (as well as all the gems I can).  So if you’ve had the badge application running, the next time after doing a “git pull” you’ll need to run this (in its directory):

./ruby-update   # Update Ruby

bundle install   # Install current gems

This is documented in the CONTRIBUTING.md file, but I thought I’d point this out here, because I want to make it easy for people to propose changes.

Thanks!

--- David A. Wheeler

Dan Kohn

On a Mac, it's:

brew update && brew upgrade ruby-build
rbenv install 2.4.2
gem install bundler
bundle

--
Dan Kohn <dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation https://www.cncf.io

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM, Wheeler, David A <dwheeler@...> wrote:

FYI:

If you are creating proposed changes to the CII Best Practices Badge code, I’ve recently updated the Ruby implementation (as well as all the gems I can).  So if you’ve had the badge application running, the next time after doing a “git pull” you’ll need to run this (in its directory):

./ruby-update   # Update Ruby

bundle install   # Install current gems

This is documented in the CONTRIBUTING.md file, but I thought I’d point this out here, because I want to make it easy for people to propose changes.

Thanks!

David A. Wheeler

Dan: Thanks!

I tried to merge this logic into “update-ruby” so that the script just “works everywhere”.  I don’t have a Mac, so I don’t know if it actually works.  Testing welcome J.

--- David A. Wheeler