Topics

Lots of badging activity, OPNFV just got a badge

David A. Wheeler

Good news, we are seeing a significant influx in the number of projects pursuing a badge:
https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/project_stats
As of late yesterday we have 215 projects pursuing a badge; 50 were at 90% or greater, and 24 were at 100% (passing).

It won't show on the daily stats yet, but OPNFV just got a badge:
https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/projects/164
Which means we actually have 25 passing right now (with many more that are *close*).

--- David A. Wheeler

Dan Kohn

It definitely seems like we hit some sort of inflection point this month, perhaps triggered by the CII summit. Hopefully, the momentum will continue to build, especially as the badges are designed to be grow virally as other developers see them.

--
Dan Kohn <mailto:dan@...>
Executive Director, Cloud Native Computing Foundation <https://cncf.io/>

Dale Visser

I’ve been (gently) pushing the Syncthing project to put their badge on their project README. See the conversation here:

https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/pull/3515