Re: How do we edit CII report for Jaeger?

Juraci Paixão Kröhling <jpkroehling@...>

Added: could you try again?

- Juca.

On 2/20/19 4:59 PM, Yuri Shkuro wrote:
I have the account: https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/users/3394
On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 10:13 AM Wheeler, David A <@dwheeler <mailto:@dwheeler>> wrote:
Don't add the *GitHub* id, add the id on the *BadgeApp*.  Yuri will
need to sign up (create an account) on the BadgeApp first,
https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org
-----Original Message-----
From: Juraci Paixão Kröhling <jpkroehling@...
<mailto:jpkroehling@...>>
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 8:02 AM
To: Yuri Shkuro <ys@... <mailto:ys@...>>
Cc: Wheeler, David A <@dwheeler <mailto:@dwheeler>>;
cii-badges-questions@...
<mailto:cii-badges-questions@...>; Dossett,
Jason N <jdossett@... <mailto:jdossett@...>>
Subject: Re: [Cii-badges-questions] How do we edit CII report for
Jaeger?
On 2/14/19 9:19 PM, Wheeler, David A wrote:
> You're using GitHub for version control
(<https://github.com/jaegertracing/jaeger>), so anyone who can
directly edit that project should also be able to edit the badge
entry.  I've been told that may not work in some cases, however.
I think it did not work for Yuri.

> If that doesn't work, we have a mechanism that allows you to
grant edit rights to anyone else.  First have the other maintainers
create an account on the CII badging project site (using GitHub or
their own email address), and have them tell you their user id on
the CII Best Practices site.  Then you go to:

https://bestpractices.coreinfrastructure.org/en/projects/1273/edit#add
> itional_rights_changes
>
> You can click on "show details" for more information.   Here's
the key text:
>> Just enter "+" followed by a comma-separated list of integer
user ids. Those users will then also be allowed to edit this project
entry. If you're the owner of the badge entry or a BadgeApp
administrator, you can remove users from this list by entering "-"
followed by a comma-separated list of integer user ids. We expect
that normally only one person will edit a particular badge entry at
a time. This application uses optimistic locking to prevent saving
stale data if multiple users try to edit a badge entry
simultaneously. If you have multiple editors, we recommend saving
badge entry data incrementally and often (that is a wise practice
anyway).

> I hope that helps!!
Thanks! I added "+3523016" to the field, which should be Yuri's ID
on GitHub.
Yuri: could you check whether you can now edit the badge?
- Juca.

Join Cii-badges-questions@lists.coreinfrastructure.org to automatically receive all group messages.